30 November 2016, Wed
Employees of Trading Technologies live out their workday moods, from freshly recharged Mondays to chill-out Fridays, in their new office at Marina View
- Singapore’s commercial interior design company Kyoob-id has recently completed an interior design and build project for Trading Technologies, a global trading software and technologies company.
- Trading Technologies’ new office is situated at Asia Square Towers at Marina View and it comprises an area of 5,100 square feet. This was a move for Trading Technologies from their old office at Samsung Hub at Church Street.
- Trading Technologies (TT) develops and delivers professional trading software for a wide variety of users including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, and commercial hedgers and risk managers.
- Since 1994, TT has spearheaded the technologies for electronics trading. TT has access to all the major exchanges and liquidity platforms and the scalability of their trading platforms enables users to customise the software to their use as well as allows them to trade virtually anywhere.
- Kyoob-id’s Director Michelle Goh says: “TT has wanted their new office at Marina View to be inspiring to staff. The corporate identity of Trading Technologies has to be evident as well. Based on the input, we’ve thought of creating a space that is atypical of financial or trading companies. This drove the design thinking process.”
- Senior Designer Marcus Yeo continues: “The design thinking led us to develop a space that would evoke the emotions of the staff going through the workweek as a means of inspiration. The office is thus designed with different work moods for staff to enjoy and find inspiration in. Friday moods for example are usually more fun and casual and we’ve incorporated these moods into the pantry.”
- Monday is the fresh start to the week and this mood is portrayed in the reception. The reception is styled with an open and airy concept with full-height glass doors letting in maximum daylight for a burst of fresh energy for the new week. The rectilinear wooden-grained reception counter is fitted with a simple cream panel that adds to the office’s modern appeal.
- Taupe carpeting with blue accents – corresponding to TT’s corporate colours – underlines the identity of this global company. Glass stickers resembling network icons are plastered onto the meeting room doors, giving reference to the “electronics trading” business nature while providing privacy to participants in discussions at the same time.
- Designed with a view of the commercial skyscrapers at Marina View, the conference room is styled with classy furniture and simple furnishings. TT’s corporate blue is further adorned inside from carpeting to TV panel.
- Fridays are great for chilling out and this mood is exemplified in the pantry area, which is styled with eclectic furnishings and warm moods. Warm timber infuses the pantry from walls to flooring amid an industrial-inspired décor, evidenced in the steel-blue door frame, metallic-sheened wall cabinets and black exposed ceiling. For a hint of local culture, interesting vintage Peranakan kitchen tiles frame the counter backsplash.
- A bar-height counter with industrial metal chairs is a casual spot for informal discussions as well as a chill-out haven for relaxation; the bar counter is well-stocked with beer and snacks to go along. A pool table and Xbox – games to recharge as well as bond with colleagues — complete the fun night out.
- Tuesdays to Thursdays are lived in the Techie’s hub, the general work area, which is kept clean and crisp with simple finishing and monochromatic hues. The areas near the windows are deliberately left bare to let in light to fill the space, keeping staffs engaged and connected with the external surroundings when they need to work through the nights.The design has received positive feedback from the staffs at TT who generally feel that the office is a welcoming difference to the old one.
- TT’s Vice President, Global Facilities, Doris Oshana says:” Kyoob-id did an excellent job creating a distinctive, modern, comfortable office that reflects our unique company culture and brand. The thoughtfully designed space encourages productivity, collaboration and relaxation, all of which are equally important to our team.”